23 ago 2009

THE KEVIN WAY


from a recent television interview in Indianapolis... (via faster&faster)

-on Casey Stoner misterious illness : " If your heart is not in it, it's somewhat of a high-risk profession. Maybe you're better off going to go get a desk job or at least stepping away from the sport. And that, in my situation, is what I did.I sure hope that's not the case with Casey Stoner and that, you know, he's just lost interest and focus in this sport at such a young age ..."

- on Ducati MotoGp : " I don't honestly have an answer as to what I see that bike doing that makes it so difficult to ride. You know, I've talked to Nicky Hayden a bit about riding, Marco Melandri just a touch. It's just a bike that seems to be, from what they say, somewhat inconsistent. Watching Nicky and some of the things he does on the track, it just doesn't look like from lap to lap he's confident that the bike is going to continue to do the same thing in the same exact corner lap to lap to lap.

-on Moto2: "I think the idea behind Moto2 is good. Once again, it's headed a direction that we've seen should cost a whole lot more money than two-stroke racing ...But just the precision, the sound, the sharpness of that two-stroke, everything about it was a real pleasure to ride, that's for sure!"